Monday, July 12, 2010

Please return trays and seats to their original upright position

We're (quarter-) inching towards D-Day. At today's 39-week appointment I found that I'm dilated to 3 (!) and 100% effaced, and Blinker's dropped even further to 0 station. (He also weighs 8 lbs.) My main question is why this kid hasn't fallen out of me.

We're ready for Blinker's arrival -- our first order of cloth diapers has arrived (bottom picture), and the nursery/corner of the loft is all set up with a crib, dresser, and diaper pail (top picture). We even rented a rug shampooer and cleaned all the rugs, so they are fur-free and ready to be spat up and crawled on.

This lengthy process makes me feel like a plane that's landing. We've got the landing gear down, and are making a gradual descent. Hopefully touchdown will be gentle.

1 comment:

  1. Blinker's room looks very inviting! I'm sure he will want to come out soon so that he can hang out in his cool digs.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete