Wyatt* Augustus Knisley is here! He arrived on Friday, July 16, at 6:19 a.m., weighing 8 lbs. 2 oz. and measuring 19 1/2" long. It was a wild labor & delivery; I'll tell the gory details to anyone who is interested, and/or at the next staff meeting, family get-together, or cocktail party. In the end, what matters is that our little boy is here, safe and sound. We are thrilled and thankful.
He is a wide-eyed, alert, good-natured baby who rarely cries and loves to be held. Looks-wise, I think he has his father's head, eyes and ears, and Grandpa Joe's (left, teaching Wyatt how to yawn) nose and mouth. Fortunately I don't see any of myself in him.
He is far cuter and sweeter than anything I had imagined. I really can't believe this beautiful baby is ours.
We're still at Fairview-Riverside, where they are taking great care of us. I can't say enough good things about how all the doctors/midwives/nurses have helped us in our (extensive) time here. We hope to come home tomorrow or Tuesday. Will write more soon.
* Wyatt will no longer be referred to as "Blinker," except by Uncle Joe for the next 40 years.
* Wyatt will no longer be referred to as "Blinker," except by Uncle Joe for the next 40 years.


Great pictures! What a cute baby. Is he a good sleeper so far? (key determinant of parental well-being that you will have no control over...)
ReplyDeleteBen
He is so sweet! I can't wait to get my hands on him!
ReplyDelete