Welcome to Week 39: One more week to go. We decided to try to persuade Blinker out of his hiding spot with spicy foods, which I've heard is sometimes effective. (I like spicy foods, but haven't been eating them throughout pregnancy, since they make me feel horrible afterward.) We went out to eat last night at Szechuan, which is an excellent Szechuan (duh) restaurant in Roseville. For those who are not familiar, szechuan food is typically hot and spicy, as this Wikipedia entry explains:
Szechuan is a style of Chinese cuisine originating in Sichuan Province of southwestern China famed for bold flavors, particularly the pungency and spiciness resulting from liberal use of garlic and chili peppers, as well as the unique flavour of the Sichuan peppercorn (花椒). Peanuts, sesame paste and ginger are also prominent ingredients in Szechuan cooking.
We went out with our pals Tara & Tim and ordered Dan Dan Noodles, Scallion Pancakes, Fish Filet with Szechuan Spicy Sauce, Beef and Cumin Sauce, and Tofu with Vegetables. Everything was great (especially the fish) and we were all red-faced and sweaty afterward. We came home and hoped Blinker would be moved by the experience.
At 4 a.m. I woke up in an overheated bedroom with bad indigestion and a thrashing, angry baby, but no contractions. I had some ColaCao to calm Blinker down, but he hasn't budged. He'll show up when he's ready, which ain't today.


No comments:
Post a Comment