Saturday, March 6, 2010

Brown Snow

I had an emergency doctor's appointment last week. Don't worry -- it wasn't an OB/GYN appointment; instead, I had to run to the ophthalmologist because I was experiencing a crazy amount of floaters. These are spots in your vision which look to me like brown snow (see pic at left). At my last eye appointment in December, the doc told me that someone as nearsighted as myself was at a high risk for retinal detachment, and that any floaters should be examined ASAP, since they can indicate retinal detachment. The appointment last week was a mixed bag -- fortunately there was no retinal detachment, but the doctor did find other "areas of interest" (don't you love medicalese?) such as lattice degeneration of the retina.

Floaters are a common occurrence in pregnancy, and I hope that these are caused by Blinker and will go away when he arrives. In the meantime, it's snowing all the time in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment