We're entering Week 24, and Blinker is getting bigger and stronger. How big is he now? About the size of an ear of corn. One thing I don't understand is the insistence on comparing fetuses to pieces of produce. A few weeks ago, he was a banana; now he's corn. (Backtracking: he began as a poppy seed, then became a pea, then a grape, then a plum, then a peach ....) I think our next stop is "eggplant." By week 40 -- yikes! -- he'll be a watermelon.Sunday, March 21, 2010
Week 24: Which piece of produce are we now?
We're entering Week 24, and Blinker is getting bigger and stronger. How big is he now? About the size of an ear of corn. One thing I don't understand is the insistence on comparing fetuses to pieces of produce. A few weeks ago, he was a banana; now he's corn. (Backtracking: he began as a poppy seed, then became a pea, then a grape, then a plum, then a peach ....) I think our next stop is "eggplant." By week 40 -- yikes! -- he'll be a watermelon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


ha ha! I think I am afraid of blinker if he looks like the picture of the walleye. I hope Blinker is born without pointy teeth! It is bad for people to suggest such a thing. I'm not really suggesting that this whole pointy teeth thing is possibility. Mostly, I am saying that I'm glad Blinker will not have pointy teeth.
ReplyDelete