Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 28: Chinese Cabbage

We're into week 28 now, and are about to bid a sad farewell to the second trimester. We had our 6 month checkup on Monday, and found that the new hi-protein "meat lovers" diet is paying off: I've gained 4 pounds in 1 month (!) bringing my total weight gain to 10 pounds. We had the gestational diabetes test on Monday too, in which I had to down a nasty bottle of Triaminic-flavored glucose drink. Results from this test were negative -- no gestational diabetes, or at least, not yet. I have to start going to the doc every 2 weeks from here on out.

Blinker is doing well, and is still quite the pugilist. He is an opinionated fetus who likes "Mad Men" and hates it when I lift things. He's the size of a Chinese cabbage now.

I am feeling OK, though my ankles and wrists are starting to swell, my skin is still scaly, and I'm having trouble sleeping. All par for the course.

We start childbirth classes tonight, in which we'll find out how to breathe and how to get a good "latch." Stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment