Thursday, September 15, 2011

Month of Surprises

 Aah, the Wonderful Ones. So much fun. We've had a lot going on this month, such as ...



  •  Wyatt is talking. He has called Bryan "Dada" (and he has called me "Dada") for a while, and said "Oh-oh!" after deliberately throwing all Cheerios on the floor, but one day last month he said "doggie" as we passed one of the hundreds of dogs being walked around Lake Como. The next day it was "doggie doggie doggie." Then "Hi!" to us in the morning. And "cheese" (for cheese and all snack food). And "kitty" when bothering the cats. His vocab is growing every day.
  • Wyatt is walking. Only a few steps here and there, and he prefers crawling for its relative speed -- for now.   
  • Molars. Wy has 1 giant, tusk-like rear molar. I thought it was 2 teeth when it came through, it is so big. Since teeth usually erupt in pairs, I assume another one will come in soon ... 
  • Sleeping is going better. We've exiled Wyatt from our bed and he is in his crib from sundown to sunup. He was not happy about this at first but he's getting used to it now; he only wakes up 2-3x/night, which is better than waking up 7-8x while in bed with us. We pat him back to sleep when he wakes up, and he gets fed around 4-5 a.m., then falls back to sleep for a couple hours. I feel much better.
The school year has begun, and I'm teaching a night class, so I have 2 long days per week (Lab work, then teaching), 2 "short" days of only 8 hours, and Thursdays at home with Wyatt. It's a good schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment