Night 3
7:30 Wyatt nurses, and gets handed off to the sitters (Great Aunt and Great Uncle) so Mom can escape and see Dad's band play.
9:00 Wyatt goes to sleep, having already convinced the sitters that this is his usual bedtime and Mom & Dad always let him stay up this late.
2:00 Wyatt awakens. Mom drags self downstairs to soothe the savage beast. Lots of whimpering and some crying, but no screaming. This is progress. 3:00 Wy back asleep.
5:15 Wy awake, comes up to bed with M&D, nurses, falls back asleep in mere minutes.
7:30 Everyone gets up.
Night 4
See Night 2 for evening details.
3:00 Wy awake, Dad goes downstairs. Whimper, cry.
4:00 Wy asleep.
5:00 Wyatt awake, back upstairs w/M&D. (See Night 3 for early morning details.)
Night 5
2:00 Wy awake, Dad goes downstairs. Whimper, cry, wiggle, back asleep quickly.
3:00 Wy awake, Dad goes downstairs. Whimper, cry, wiggle, back asleep quickly.
4:30 Wyatt awake, back upstairs w/M&D. (See Night 3.)
Night 6
See Night 2 for evening details.
12:00 Wy awake, Mom goes downstairs. Whimper, cry, wiggle. Fitful sleep. I am downstairs for 3 )(*#$(*#$ hours. This is not progress.
Night 6
See Night 2 for evening details.
12:00 Wy awake, Mom goes downstairs. Whimper, cry, wiggle. Fitful sleep. I am downstairs for 3 )(*#$(*#$ hours. This is not progress.
3:00 Is he really asleep for good? I tiptoe upstairs.
3:08 Wyatt awake, crying. Dad goes downstairs this time.
3:15 Wyatt asleep.
5:30 The Little Rooster is awake for real. I stumble downstairs.
7:00 But wait! Wyatt falls back asleep. Is this a morning nap, or what?
So, it's a mixed bag. Some night he sleeps well (and so do we) -- other nights we're all awake. We'll give it till next weekend to reassess if we should continue this bizarre experiment.
Nocturnal adventures notwithstanding, it was a fun Holiday weekend. We went swimming for the first time, and Wy had a blast. (I have a Blackberry now, so I can take blurry pictures in which everyone looks like Bigfoot.) And we went to a parade, and to a picnic. It was a much more enjoyable Holiday than last year, when I was 9+ months pregnant. And coming up is another holiday ... the First Birthday!


No comments:
Post a Comment