Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's always some (damn) thing

Here's the latest news about our pint-sized hernia patient. Wyatt continues to heal well, though he went back to the doctor Monday because he'd been crying a lot and was in obvious intestinal discomfort. Turns out it was a bad reaction to his prescription Tramadol pain meds, which are very strong -- too strong for a little guy. We've discontinued the Tramadol and switched over to just Tylenol, and he seems to be doing OK. 


I know that medicine is an art, not a science, but I feel like our kid is becoming a human Pollock painting.

Grandma Judy is up for the week to take care of him. We are all happy to see her.

1 comment:

  1. Strong opioids tend to really constipate, that might of been the source of his discomfort. I agree stick with the tylenol though, he won't remember the pain anyway!
    Glad to hear everything turned out okay.
    -Matt

    ReplyDelete