Sunday, April 21, 2013

A big brother or a big sister

Pasta night (1.13)
As previously hinted, big changes are on the horizon for our family. All our life-changes are coming in one big chunk, when we move to a bigger house ... to accommodate our bigger family. All these changes are coming in the next 8 weeks!

We found out in mid-October that Wyatt has a sibling coming in late June. We were both thrilled and surprised at the news, since we had assumed (and accepted) that we were meant to be a 3-person family ... however, the Lord blessed us in our very old age. Wyatt is not completely on-board with the idea of a sibling, but sometimes he gets excited about the idea of being, as he says, "a big brother or a big sister." (We are not going to find out Baby's gender, though we did get the Verify test and find out that Baby is genetically OK.) 

So far, it's been a rocky pregnancy; I was sick the whole first and second trimester, and now in the third trimester I'm no longer sick but massively uncomfortable. (I feel like an elephant.) But Baby is healthy, and vigorous, and Wyatt is doing great too. (He started Preschool a couple weeks ago -- more on this later.)

I have noticed that, even if I am more sick, I am also more laid-back about this pregnancy -- see the pregnancy comparison chart, below. 

First child Not first child
Countdown on calendar of due date; many belly shots of each week of pregnancyVague idea of which week of pregnancy this is, verified by checking my own Facebook page; some incidental pregnancy pictures.
Google Doc filled with baby names and their originSome ideas of names, mostly ones that weren't used last time 
Detailed, strict, multi-step birth plan  Realization that birth plans are useless and silly

No comments:

Post a Comment